|Inside the RP oil filter|
Commercial fleets use advanced micro-glass oil filters to extend the life of heavy duty trucks and equipment. These high tech oil filters use special synthetic glass microfibers that are about 10 times smaller than conventional cellulose filter fibers to provide superior filtration. Royal Purple is now bringing this same technology to the consumer market.
Royal Purple's new high performance oil filters combine advanced micro-glass technology and high capacity with optimized flow characteristics for maximum performance and oil filter life. Each oil filter features:
- 100% synthetic micro-glass media for superior particle removal with 99% filtration efficiency
- High performance silicone anti-drain back valve that prevents dry starts even in extreme conditions
- Heavy gauge steel back-plate for maximum burst strength
- Extra heavy-duty rubber base gasket with special lubricity compounds to reduce torque during installation and ensure a leak-free seal
- Ultra-strength filter housing that provides extra protection against puncture from road debris
Royal Purple oil filters allow change intervals to be extended up to 12,000 miles. Vehicles under warranty should follow the vehicle manufacturer's recommended oil filter change intervals. While Royal Purple oil filters are fully compatible with all synthetic and conventional oils, Royal Purple recommends using their high performance synthetic motor oil that also has a 12,000 mile life.